Tuesday, April 27, 2010

For the Love of Barns

Woodford County Spring 12x12 Oil

I love the area around Nonesuch, Kentucky. It's characterized by rolling hills, farms and a multitude of barns, mostly former tobacco barns, now used for hay or a tractor "garage". If I win the lottery, I'll buy land there and a second home. It's close enough to commute to Lexington if you need to. I've always loved barns for their smells, mysterious dark corners and farm implements, the uses for which I'm usually ignorant. But I'll find out after I get my lottery check.  In the meantime, they, and the land they seem to grow out of,  will be frequent subjects, I'm guessing. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you paint and colors you use. I'm a painter too, though not as good as you!
    My most sincere congratulations,
    greetings from Italy.
    Giada

    ReplyDelete